Vacancy Announcement Number: POA2017/1
Open to: All Interested Candidates / All Sources
The “Open To” category listed above refers to candidates who are eligible to apply for this position. The “Open To” category should not be confused with a “hiring preference” which is explained later in this vacancy announcement.
Position: Administrative Clerk, FSN-6; FP-8, A42-105-032
Opening Date: Friday, March 10, 2017
Closing Date: Friday, March 24, 2017
Work Hours: Full-time, 40 hours/week
Work Location: New U.S. Consulate in Porto Alegre
Salary: Ordinarily Resident (OR): FSN-6 – R$ 49.121,00 per year
. Not-Ordinarily Resident (NOR): FP-8* – US$ 37,698.00 per year
. *Final grade/step for NORs will be determined by Washington.
Start Date: The estimated start date for this position is June 2017.
All ordinarily resident (OR) applicants (See Appendix A for definition) must have the required work and/or residency permits to be eligible for consideration.
The U.S. Mission in Brazil is seeking eligible and qualified applicants for the position of Administrative Clerk in the Facility Management Office (FAC).
Basic Function of Position
Incumbent is responsible for the administrative duties for the Facility Management Office in Porto Alegre and is also responsible for the internal workflow of the office, coordination and scheduling of FAC administrative activities ensuring proper care of the Consulate facility while promoting optimal customer service.
Note: Applicants must address each required qualification listed below with specific and comprehensive information supporting each item. Applicants are required to submit their applications in English using the DS-174 form. Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not qualified.
- Education: Completion of secondary (high) school is required.
- Experience: Experience in office operations, administrative work, quality customer service or executive secretarial procedures are required.
- Language (This will be tested):
- Level 3 (Good working knowledge) in Speaking/Reading/Writing of English is required.
- Level 3 (Good working knowledge) in Speaking/Reading/Writing of Portuguese is required.
- Skills and Abilities (This will be tested):
- Ability to use Microsoft Office package (Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint) is required.
For further information:
The complete position description listing all of the duties and responsibilities may be obtained by contacting the Human Resources Office – Sheila Mirandela at (61) 3312-7227.
Hiring Preference Selection Process:
When qualified, applicants in the following hiring preference categories are extended a hiring preference in the order listed below. Therefore, it is essential that these applicants accurately describe their status on the application. Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not eligible for a hiring preference.
Hiring Preference Order:
- AEFM / USEFM who is a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran*
- AEFM / USEFM
- FS on LWOP**
* Important: Applicants who claim status as a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran must submit a copy of the most recent Member Copy Four (4) of the DD-214, Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty, and, if applicable, a letter from the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs. If claiming conditional eligibility for U.S. Veterans’ preference, applicants must submit proof of conditional eligibility. If the written documentation confirming eligibility is not received in the HR office by the closing date of the vacancy announcement, the U.S. Veterans’ preference will not be considered in the application process. Mission HR’s decision on eligibility for U.S. Veterans’ preference after reviewing all required documentation is final.
** This level of preference applies to all Foreign Service employees on LWOP.
Additional Selection Criteria:
- Management may consider the following when determining successful candidacy: nepotism, conflicts of interest, budget, and residency status.
- Current OR employees serving a probationary period are not eligible to apply. Current OR employees with an Overall Summary Rating of Needs Improvement or Unsatisfactory on their most recent Employee Performance Report (EPR) are not eligible to apply.
- Current NOR employees hired on a Family Member Appointment (FMA) or a Personal Service Agreement (PSA) are not eligible to apply within the first 90 calendar days of their employment, unless they have a When Actually Employed (WAE) work schedule.
- The candidate must be able to obtain and hold the following: local security certification.
- Candidates who are EFMs, USEFMs, AEFMs, or MOHs must have at least one year remaining on their sponsor’s tour of duty to be considered eligible to apply for this position.
- Current Ordinarily Resident employees of the Mission may only apply for positions at or above their current grade level.
How to Apply:
Applicants must submit the following documents to be considered:
- Universal Application for Employment (UAE) (Form DS-174), which is available on our website or by contacting Human Resources. (See “For Further Information” above);Plus
- Any additional documentation that supports or addresses the requirements listed above (e.g. transcripts, degrees, etc.)
Where to Apply:
Human Resources Office: Sheila S. de Souza Mirandela
Submit with vacancy title: Administrative Clerk
E-mail Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for this position: Friday, March 24, 2017