On May 31, 2017, the U.S. Consulate General Recife held an award ceremony hosted by the Consul General Richard Reiter to recognize eleven Brazilian contacts from various states in the Northeast who were instrumental in joint U.S. – Brazil criminal investigations, enhancing law enforcement cooperation, and building partnerships that ensure the security of Brazilians and Americans.
The one hour event was organized by the consulate’s Diplomatic Security Service Assistant Regional Security Officer – Investigations (ARSO-I) which is responsible for the management of overseas criminal investigations and collaborating with foreign law enforcement agencies. Each honoree listed below was recognized and presented with a plaque of appreciation for their individual excellent support, collaboration, and contributions in helping the ARSO-I team achieve success the past three years. Relationship building and capacity building of foreign police forces through training are vital tools employed by the ARSO-I. Liaison efforts such as this award ceremony have long lasting benefits in strengthening U.S. – Brazil collaboration and advancing U.S. security interests abroad.
• Antônio Barros Pereira de Andrade – Policia Civil de Pernambuco
• Delano Cerqueira Bunn – Policia Federal do Ceará
• Jean Francisco Bezerra Nunes – Policia Civil da Paraiba
• João Gustavo de Godoy Ferraz – Policia Civil de Pernambuco
• José Lopes de Oliveira Filho – Ministerio Publico de Pernambuco
• Lucas Sá De Oliveira – Policia Civil da Paraiba
• Marcello Diniz Cordeiro – Policia Federal de Pernambuco
• Marco Aurélio Farias da Silva – Ministerio Publico de Pernambuco
• Raimundo Rolim de Albuquerque Filho – Policia Civil do Rio Grande do Norte
• Romulo Aires da Silva – Policia Civil de Pernambuco
• Odir Aires Mendonça e Silva – Policia Civil de Pernambuco