Buy More U.S. Goods and Services with Competitive Financing
The Export-Import Bank of the U.S. (EXIM) supports the financing of U.S. goods and services purchased by creditworthy international buyers that may have difficulty obtaining credit through traditional financing sources. EXIM’s financing options are backed by the full faith and credit of the U.S. government.
Recent Successes in Brazil
- EXIM and the Brazil Ministry of Economy signed a $1 billion USD Memorandum of Understanding to promote investments in Brazil and underscore a commitment to enhance economic cooperation between the United States and Brazil with respect to the trade of goods and services, especially in the following key sectors:
- Telecommunications (including 5G)
- Energy (including nuclear, oil & gas, and renewables)
- Manufacturing Industry (including aircraft)
- EXIM is prepared to consider an application from GOL Airlines to finance the acquisition of several hundred millions of dollars of Boeing aircraft, which it is expected to take delivery of during 2021.
- EXIM issued a $345m Letter of Interest in January 2020, to Westinghouse Electric for refurbishment of the Angra Nuclear Power Plant
- EXIM supported over $26m of sales support for Air Tractor aircraft to Brazilian farmers and spraying companies in 2020
- On July 30th, 2020, EXIM provided a $97m working capital line of credit to Embraer Executive Aircraft, a subsidiary of Embraer SA. Brazil is one of the top three markets for Embraer Executive Aircraft shipments from the US.
Term financing for international buyers of U.S. capital goods or services includes:
Short Term (up to one-year repayment)
Export Credit Insurance enables U.S. companies to offer U.S.-dollar open account credit terms directly to international customers. The application must come from a U.S. company.
- Open account credit is an attractive substitute for letters of credit or cash in advance
- Available for the purchases of bulk commodities, consumables, spare parts, and capital goods.
Medium Term (generally up to five years repayment on sales less than $10 million)
Export Credit Insurance and Guarantees of Commercial Loans* for sales to international customers covering principal and interest.
- For capital goods and services
- Competitive financing costs with negotiated interest rates.
Long Term (generally greater than seven years repayment or sales more than $10 million)
Guarantees of Commercial Loans* for buyers of U.S. capital goods and services.
- Extended repayment terms
- Negotiable interest rates
- Financing of eligible local costs of up to 30 percent
- Available in some foreign currencies
*EXIM offers direct loans on an exceptional basis.