Opportunities to participate in U.S. exchange programs and become part of Fulbright’s alumni network
The Fulbright Brazil Commission opens for scholarship enrollment in the United States for 2021. These opportunities are for Brazilians with a degree in language, PHD students and university professors. The goal of the programs offered by Fulbright is to promote mutual understanding between Brazil and the United States.
Opportunities available to university professors, PhD students and newly graduated students in language:
Selected candidates will begin the program during the U.S. academic period, starting between August/September 2021 through May/June 2022. The scholarship duration varies from four months for teachers and nine months for students.
- Scholarship notice for doctorate: https://fulbright.org.br/edital/doutorado-nos-eua/
- Scholarship notice for Foreign Language Teaching Assistant (FLTA): https://fulbright.org.br/edital/flta/
- Scholarship notice for visiting research professor: https://fulbright.org.br/edital/professorpesquisador-visitante/
- Scholarship notice for junior research professor: https://fulbright.org.br/edital/programa-professor-pesquisador-visitante-junior/
Opportunities available for thematic chair programs at U.S. universities for professors and researchers who have completed their PHD before December 2012:
Chairs available at the following universities (Enrollment open until August 2):
- Emory University in Brazilian Studies
- University of Massachusetts, Amherst, in Brazilian Studies
- Purdue University in Industrial Design
In the coming weeks, six other chairs will be announced in the following institutions:
- Georgetown University (Ruth Cardoso Chair, in partnership with FAPESP);
- University of California, Davis;
- University of Texas, Austin;
- Rutgers, the State University of New Jersey;
- The City University of New York (CUNY); And,
- Indiana University, Bloomington.
The scholarship notice for each grant and specific instructions are available on Fulbright website. Enrollment is free of charge: www.fulbright.org.br