Event: Data Resources on COVID-19 in Brazil
The U.S. Embassy in Brasilia closely follows developments in the COVID-19 pandemic in Brazil and would like to share some credible COVID-19 data resources with U.S. citizens currently in Brazil for your own situational awareness.
Covid Radar, a public-private partnership of more than 40 companies and organizations, provides real time information on COVID-19 cases in Brazil as well as projections by Brazilian state using data provided by the Brazilian Ministry of Health. MonitoraCovid-19 also uses Ministry of Health data to offer a variety of information on accumulated COVID-19 cases and graphs.
Actions to Take:
- Dial 192 for emergency services in Brazil if you have severe symptoms such as difficulty breathing.
- If in Brazil, review Covid Radar’s website and MonitoraCovid-19 website for information on COVID-19 cases and projections in your location.
- If in Brazil, check with your local municipality on their mask policy. See Brazilian state contact information here.
- Check out other Brazilian Government COVID-19 resources including the Coronavirus-SUS app which provides information about COVID-19 and virtual screening tools and Ministry of Health WhatsApp Resources.
- If you have questions, visit the S. Embassy website on COVID-19 or contact the U.S. Embassy or Consulate closest to you.
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts and Messages from the U.S. Embassy.