International commercial flight options currently exist in Brazil. U.S. citizens who wish to return to the United States should make commercial arrangements as soon as possible unless they are prepared to remain abroad for an indefinite period. The U.S. government does not anticipate arranging repatriation flights in Brazil at this time.
Actions to Take:
- Dial 192 for emergency services in Brazil if you have severe symptoms such as difficulty breathing.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19for information on conditions in Brazil.
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information on the disease. For information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19, please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information regarding foreign countries’ quarantine requirements and other global impacts.
- Have a plan to depart from Brazil that does not rely on U.S. government assistance.
- Check with your airlines or cruise lines regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions affecting travel to the U.S.
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts and make it easier to locate you in an emergency.
United States Embassy and Consulates General in Brazil:
U.S. Embassy Brasilia
SES – Av. das Nações, Quadra 801, Lote 03
Brasília, DF – 70403-900
Phone: (61) 3312-7000
After-Hours Emergencies: (61) 3312-7400
Embassy Branch Office in Belo Horizonte
Avenida do Contorno, 4520 / 2nd floor – Funcionários
Belo Horizonte, MG – 30110-028
Telephone: +55 (31) 3338-4000
U.S. Consulate General Recife
Rua Goncalves Maia, 163 Bairro Boa Vista
Recife, PE – 50.070-060
Phone: (81) 3416-3050
After-Hours Emergencies: (81) 99916-9470
U.S. Consulate General Rio de Janeiro
Av. Presidente Wilson, 147 Castelo
Rio de Janeiro, RJ — 20030-020
Entrance at Rua Santa Luzia
Phone: (21) 3823-2000
After-Hours Emergencies: (21) 3823-2029
U.S. Consulate General São Paulo
Rua Henri Dunant, 500,
Chácara Santo Antonio,
São Paulo, SP — 04709-110
Phone: (11) 3250-5000
After-Hours Emergencies: (11) 3250-5373
U.S. Consulate General Porto Alegre
Avenida Assis Brasil, 1889 Passo d’Areia
Porto Alegre, RS – 91350-110
After-Hours Emergencies: 51-3345-6000
For further information:
- State Department – Consular Affairs: 888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Brazil Country Specific Information
- Enroll in Safe Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter
Note: The timestamp on this e-mail message may reflect Washington, D.C. time, which may differ from local time.