Event: There is an ongoing outbreak of Coronavirus (COVID-19) first identified in Wuhan, China. The global public health threat posed by COVID-19 is high, with more than 100,000 reported cases worldwide.
The government of Brazil has implemented enhanced screening and quarantine measures to reduce the spread of COVID-19. Travelers should be prepared for travel restrictions to be put into effect with little or no advance notice.
The government of Brazil has implemented a voluntary quarantine measure to reduce the spread of COVID-19. Travelers should be prepared for a seven-day self-isolation period upon entry into Brazil. This policy applies to all nationalities and visa categories.
Actions to Take:
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19 please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Check with your airlines or cruise lines regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the United States.
United States Embassy and Consulates in Brazil:
U.S. Embassy Brasilia
SES – Av. das Nações, Quadra 801, Lote 03
Brasília, DF – 70403-900
Phone: (61) 3312-7000
After-Hours Emergencies: (61) 3312-7400
Embassy Branch Office in Belo Horizonte
Avenida do Contorno, 4520 / 2nd floor – Funcionários
Belo Horizonte, MG – 30110-028
Telephone: +55 (31) 3338-4000
U.S. Consulate General Recife
Rua Goncalves Maia, 163 Bairro Boa Vista
Recife, PE – 50.070-060
Phone: (81) 3416-3050
After-Hours Emergencies: (81) 99916-9470 or (81) 3416-3060
U.S. Consulate General Rio de Janeiro
Av. Presidente Wilson, 147 Castelo
Rio de Janeiro, RJ — 20030-020
Entrance at Rua Santa Luzia
Phone: (21) 3823-2000
After-Hours Emergencies: (21) 3823-2029
U.S. Consulate General São Paulo
Rua Henri Dunant, 500,
Chácara Santo Antonio,
São Paulo, SP — 04709-110
Phone: (11) 3250-5000
After-Hours Emergencies: (11) 3250-5373
U.S. Consulate General Porto Alegre
Avenida Assis Brasil, 1889 Passo d’Areia
Porto Alegre, RS – 91350-110
After-Hours Emergencies: 51-3345-6000
For further information:
- State Department – Consular Affairs: 888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Brazil Country Specific Information
- Enroll in Safe Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter
Note: The timestamp on this e-mail message may reflect Washington, D.C., time, which may differ from local time.