Vacancy Announcement Number: 2016/23
Open to: All Interested Candidates / All Sources
The “Open To” category listed above refers to candidates who are eligible to apply for this position. The “Open To” category should not be confused with a “hiring preference” which is explained later in this vacancy announcement.
Position: Human Resources Clerk, FSN-6, C54-305-018
Opening Date: Tuesday, November 1, 2016
Closing Date: Friday, November 18, 2016
Work Hours: Full-time, 40 hours/week
Salary: Ordinarily Resident (OR): FSN-6 – R$ 49.121,00 per year
Not-Ordinarily Resident (NOR): FP-8*- US$ 36,837.00 per year
*Final grade/step for NORs will be determined by Washington.
All ordinarily resident (OR) applicants (See Appendix A for definition) must have the required work and/or residency permits to be eligible for consideration.
The U.S. Mission in Recife is seeking eligible and qualified applicants for the position of Human Resources Clerk in the Human Resources Office.
Basic Function of Position|
Incumbent performs a variety of clerical functions in support of the LE Staff Management Program. Also serves as post’s liaison on administrative matters relating to the local health and dental insurance company providers and local health insurance broker, as well as being the Main Timekeeper at post, providing work guidance to other timekeepers on T&A issues and software as needed. Under the direct supervision of the Human Resources Assistant position, the Human Resources Clerk provides administrative/clerical support to the full range of the recruitment portfolio..
Note: Applicants must address each required qualification listed below with specific and comprehensive information supporting each item. Applicants are required to submit their applications in English using the DS-174 form. Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not qualified.
- Education: Completion of secondary (high) school is required.
- Experience: Progressively responsible office/administrative work experience is required
- Language (This will be tested):
Level 3 (Good Working Knowledge) Speaking/Reading/Writing of English is required.
Level 3 (Good Working Knowledge) Speaking/Reading/Writing of Portuguese is required.
- Knowledge (This will be tested):
- Knowledge of Brazilian Labor laws, prevailing practices and procedures, local recruitment practices and general office management is required.
- Skills and Abilities (This will be tested):
Ability to work with MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, etc.) and to draft correspondence in English and Portuguese and to translate from English/Portuguese/English at good working knowledge level is required.
For further information: When qualified, applicants in the following hiring preference categories are extended a hiring preference in the order listed below. Therefore, it is essential that these applicants accurately describe their status on the application. Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not eligible for a hiring preference.
Hiring Preference Order: Hiring Preference Selection Process: The complete position description listing all of the duties and responsibilities may be obtained by contacting the Human Resources Office – Vanessa Vieira Dobbin at (81) 3416-3053.
- AEFM / USEFM who is a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran*
- AEFM / USEFM
- FS on LWOP**
* Important: Applicants who claim status as a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran must submit a copy of the most recent Member Copy Four (4) of the DD-214, Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty, and, if applicable, a letter from the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs. If claiming conditional eligibility for U.S. Veterans’ preference, applicants must submit proof of conditional eligibility. If the written documentation confirming eligibility is not received in the HR office by the closing date of the vacancy announcement, the U.S. Veterans’ preference will not be considered in the application process. Mission HR’s decision on eligibility for U.S. Veterans’ preference after reviewing all required documentation is final.
** This level of preference applies to all Foreign Service employees on LWOP.
Additional Selection Criteria:
- Management may consider the following when determining successful candidacy: nepotism, conflicts of interest, budget, and residency status.
- Current OR employees serving a probationary period are not eligible to apply. Current OR employees with an Overall Summary Rating of Needs Improvement or Unsatisfactory on their most recent Employee Performance Report (EPR) are not eligible to apply.
- 3Current NOR employees hired on a Family Member Appointment (FMA) or a Personal Service Agreement (PSA) are not eligible to apply within the first 90 calendar days of their employment, unless they have a When Actually Employed (WAE) work schedule.
- The candidate must be able to obtain and hold the following: local security certification.
- Candidates who are EFMs, USEFMs, AEFMs, or MOHs must have at least one year remaining on their sponsor
- ’s tour of duty to be considered eligible to apply for this position.6.Current Ordinarily Resident employees of the Mission may only apply for positions at or above their current grade level.
How to Apply:
Applicants must submit the following documents to be considered:
- Universal Application for Employment (UAE) (Form DS-174), which is available on our website or by contacting Human Resources. (See “For Further Information” above); Plus
- Any additional documentation that supports or addresses the requirements listed above (e.g. transcripts, degrees, etc.)
Where to Apply:
Human Resources Office: Vanessa Vieira Dobbin
Submit with vacancy title: Human Resources Clerk
E-mail Address: email@example.com
Closing date for this position: Friday, November 18, 2016