Please join us on Monday, January 27, for a telephonic press briefing with Ken Cuccinelli, Acting Deputy Secretary of the Department of Homeland Security. Acting Deputy Secretary Cuccinelli will update on efforts to address the security and humanitarian crisis at the U.S. southern border, strengthen U.S. partnerships across Central and South America to confront irregular and illegal migration at the source, and uphold rule of law. He will give brief remarks, then answer questions from participating journalists.
Speaker: Ken Cuccinelli
Acting Deputy Secretary of the Department of Homeland Security
Date: Monday, January 27, 2020
Time: 1:30 PM (Washington, DC)
Please use Time Zone Converter to determine when this briefing will happen in your time zone.
Ground rules: ON THE RECORD
Dial-in Information: Please register via this link at least one hour before the teleconference begins. Once registered, you will receive an email confirmation from Eventbrite with the dial-in information for the call:
- Callers should dial in to the conference call 10 minutes early.
- The operator will ask for the access code for the call (included in the Eventbrite email you will receive after signing up), your name, media affiliation, and location.
- The speaker will give brief opening remarks, and then the moderator will open the line to questions.
- Participants will be instructed to push the “1” and “0” buttons on their phones to enter the question queue. You may also submit questions in advance via email to MiamiHub@state.gov.
- An audio recording of the call will be available for 48 hours after the call and a transcript will be provided to the participants. Send an email to MiamiHub@state.gov if you wish to receive the transcript.