Message for U.S. Citizens: Consular Officer visiting Manaus, Amazonas, on November 20 and 21, 2023, to provide limited services to U.S. Citizens.
Location: Manaus, Amazonas
Consular representatives from U.S. Embassy Brasilia will be in Manaus, Amazonas, on Monday and Tuesday, November 20 and 21. A consular officer will be available to meet with U.S. citizens to accept U.S. passport and Consular Report of Birth Abroad (CRBA) applications and to provide notarial services. NOTE: Adult passport renewal applications will not be accepted in person on that day. All adult passport renewal applications must be sent by mail to the U.S. Consulate General in Rio de Janeiro. For a full list of services, please consult the U.S. Mission website.
To schedule an appointment with the consular officer, please send an email to ManausACS@state.gov with “Manaus” in the subject line.
Please RSVP by November 15 at 5:00 p.m. and include in your email:
- The age and full name of all persons seeking services;
- The type of service(s) required for each person, e.g., First Adult Passport;
- Your telephone with area code.
Appointments are required and on a first-come, first-served basis. Your appointment will be confirmed via email and will include the exact location in Manaus.
For More Information:
- See the State Department’s travel website for the Worldwide Caution, Travel Warnings, Travel Alerts, and Brazil Country Specific Information.
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security messages and make it easier to locate you in an emergency.
- Contact the U.S. Embassy in Brasilia, located at SES – Av. das Nações, Quadra 801, Lote 03, 70403-900 – Brasília, DF, at +55 (61) 3312-7000, Monday through Friday during business hours. After-hours emergency number for U.S. citizens is +55 (61) 3312-7400, Email: BrasiliaACS@state.gov.
- Follow the U.S. Embassy and Consulates in Brazil on Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter.