“Foreign Earned Income for U.S. Overseas Taxpayers”
June 17, 2016
The U.S. Embassy in Brasilia is pleased to announce an informational webinar to be hosted by the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) entitled “Foreign Earned Income for U.S. Overseas Taxpayers,” on June 29, 2016, from 2:00-3:00 p.m. EDT.
To register and attend this webinar, utilize the link at www.webcaster4.com/Webcast/Page/445/15416. Attendees should log in 10 minutes prior to the start time. The session will be recorded and made available at a later time on www.irsvideos.gov.
The webinar will cover:
- Requirements for claiming the foreign income exclusion
- Identifying which form to use: form 2555 or Form 2555-EZ
- Specifying information to include on Form 2555 or Form 2555-EZ
- Live Q&A with IRS subject matter experts.
U.S. Embassy Brasilia
SES – Av. das Nações, Quadra 801, Lote 03
70403-900 – Brasília, DF
Phone: (61) 3312-7000
After-Hours Emergencies: (61) 3312-7400
U.S. Consulate General Recife
Rua Goncalves Maia, 163
Bairro Boa Vista Recife, PE – 50.070-060
Phone: (81) 3416-3050
After-Hours Emergencies: (81) 99916-9470 or (81) 3416-3060
U.S. Consulate General Rio de Janeiro
Av. Presidente Wilson, 147 Castelo
Rio de Janeiro, RJ — 20030-020
Entrance at Rua Santa Luzia
Phone: (21) 3823-2000
After-Hours Emergencies: (21) 3823-2029
U.S. Consulate General São Paulo
Rua Henri Dunant, 500,
Chácara Santo Antonio,
São Paulo, SP — 04709-110
Phone: (11) 3250-5000
After-Hours Emergencies: (11) 3250-5373
For further information:
- See the State Department’s travel website for the Worldwide Caution, Travel Warnings, Travel Alerts, and Brazil Country Specific Information.
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security messages and make it easier to locate you in an emergency.
- Call 1-888-407-4747 toll-free in the United States and Canada or 1-202-501-4444 from other countries from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time, Monday through Friday (except U.S. federal holidays).