Candidates that have already submitted their application do not need to send it again
Open to: All Interested Candidates / All Sources
The “Open To” category listed above refers to candidates who are eligible to apply for this position. The “Open To” category should not be confused with a “hiring preference” which is explained later in this vacancy announcement.
Position: Motor Pool Supervisor, FSN-8/FP-6, N52-1005-730 – Re-advertisement
Opening Date: Monday, April 17, 2017
Closing Date: Tuesday, May 02, 2017
Work Hours: Full-time, 40 hours/week
Salary: Ordinarily Resident (OR): FSN-8* – R$ 76,881.00
Not-Ordinarily Resident (NOR): FP-6* – US$ 47,170.00
*Final grade/step for NORs will be determined by Washington.
* This position is being advertised simultaneously with the Trainee Level, FSN-7, FP-7. Applicants applying for VA 2017/06 and VA 2017/06T will be considered for both processes. Therefore, applicants need only apply for one of these two vacancy announcements to be considered.
All ordinarily resident (OR) applicants (See Appendix A for definition) must have the required work and/or residency permits to be eligible for consideration.
The U.S. Consulate General in Sao Paulo is seeking eligible and qualified applicants for the position of Motor Pool Supervisor in the General Services Office.
Basic Function of Position
The incumbent directs, coordinates, and plans all services provided by the Motor Pool. Responsibilities include assignment of chauffeurs and vehicles; scheduling, procuring, and tracking maintenance services; recording all Motor Pool activities in appropriate databases; and preparing reports on Motor Pool activities as needed or requested.
Note: Applicants must address each required qualification listed below with specific and comprehensive information supporting each item. Applicants are required to submit their applications in English using the DS-174 form. Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not qualified.
- Education: Completion of high school is required.
- Administrative experience is required.
- Supervisory experience is required.
- Language (This will be tested):
- Level 3 (Good Working Knowledge) Speaking/Reading/Writing of English is required.
- Level 3 (Good Working Knowledge) Speaking/Reading/Writing of Portuguese is required.
- Job Knowledge (This will be tested):
- Knowledge of motor pool operations, fleet management, transportation logistics, motor vehicle laws and safety norms is required.
- Knowledge of city layout, traffic patterns, local businesses, agencies, and automotive repair market for vehicle operations, visits, and repairs is required.
- Skills and Abilities (This will be tested):
- Ability to perform basic math calculations, work with figures and diagrams, read and make charts, maps, and spreadsheets, devise schedules for drivers and automobile maintenance is required.
- Ability to use or learn Microsoft Office/ ILMS, FMIS, and other applications/databases for Motor Pool operations is required.
- A valid Brazilian driver’s license category D is required.
For further information:
The complete position description listing all of the duties and responsibilities may be obtained by contacting the Human Resources Office – Eliana Branco at (11) 3250-5116.
Hiring Preference Selection Process:
When qualified, applicants in the following hiring preference categories are extended a hiring preference in the order listed below. Therefore, it is essential that these applicants accurately describe their status on the application. Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not eligible for a hiring preference.
Hiring Preference Order:
- AEFM / USEFM who is a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran*
- AEFM / USEFM
- FS on LWOP**
* Important: Applicants who claim status as a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran must submit a copy of the most recent Member Copy Four (4) of the DD-214, Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty, and, if applicable, a letter from the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs. If claiming conditional eligibility for U.S. Veterans’ preference, applicants must submit proof of conditional eligibility. If the written documentation confirming eligibility is not received in the HR office by the closing date of the vacancy announcement, the U.S. Veterans’ preference will not be considered in the application process. Mission HR’s decision on eligibility for U.S. Veterans’ preference after reviewing all required documentation is final.
** This level of preference applies to all Foreign Service employees on LWOP.
Additional Selection Criteria:
- Management may consider the following when determining successful candidacy: nepotism, conflicts of interest, budget, and residency status.
- Current OR employees serving a probationary period are not eligible to apply. Current OR employees with an Overall Summary Rating of Needs Improvement or Unsatisfactory on their most recent Employee Performance Report (EPR) are not eligible to apply.
- Current NOR employees hired on a Family Member Appointment (FMA) or a Personal Service Agreement (PSA) are not eligible to apply within the first 90 calendar days of their employment, unless they have a When Actually Employed (WAE) work schedule.
- The candidate must be able to obtain and hold the following: Local Security Certification.
- Candidates who are EFMs, USEFMs, AEFMs, or MOHs must have at least one year remaining on their sponsor’s tour of duty to be considered eligible to apply for this position.
- Current Ordinarily Resident employees of the Mission may only apply for positions at or above their current grade level.
How to Apply:
Applicants must submit the following documents to be considered:
- Universal Application for Employment (UAE) (Form DS-174), which is available on our website or by contacting Human Resources. (See “For Further Information” above); Plus
- Any additional documentation that supports or addresses the requirements listed above (e.g. transcripts, degrees, etc.)
Where to Apply:
Human Resources Office: Eliana Branco
Submit with vacancy title: Motor Pool Supervisor
E-mail Address: firstname.lastname@example.org