Vacancy Announcement Number: 2015/44T
Open to: All Interested Candidates / All Sources
Position: Nurse, FSN-8; FP-6, C50-510-232 – Trainee Level
Opening Date: Wednesday, December 23, 2015
Closing Date: Until Filled
Work Hours: Full-time, 40 hours/week
Salary: Ordinarily Resident (OR): FSN-8* – R$ 70.712,00
. Not-Ordinarily Resident (NOR): FP-6* – US$ 45,487
* Final grade/step for NORs will be determined by Washington.
Length of Employment: This is a temporary position not to exceed six months from date of hire.
*This position is being advertised simultaneously with the Full Performance Level, FSN-9, FP-5 (Steps 1 through 4). Applicants applying for VA 2015/44 and VA 2015/44T will be considered for both processes. Therefore, applicants need only apply for one of these two vacancy announcements to be considered.
All ordinarily resident (OR) applicants (See Appendix A for definition) must have the required work and/or residency permits to be eligible for consideration.
The U.S. Mission in Brasilia is seeking eligible and qualified applicants for the position of Nurse in the Health Unit.
Basic Function of Position
The incumbent functions as the Post’s clinic charge nurse or primary health care provider when necessary. The incumbent will serve as the U.S. Registered Professional Nurse, or Western European equivalent trained Registered Professional Nurse with comparable licensure. The position will provide the full range of professional nursing services to American and Locally Employed Staff (for on-the-job injury only).
This is the single training level.
Note: Applicants must address each required qualification listed below with specific and comprehensive information supporting each item. Applicants are required to submit their applications or resumes in English. Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not qualified.
- Education: Graduate of professional nursing school with a current and unrestricted Registered Nurse License from the U.S., Puerto Rico, or Western European equivalent is required.
- Experience: Occupational health experience is required. Previous experience teaching health promotions activities is required. i.e.: HIV prevention, CPR, safe food services, healthy lifestyle.
- Language (This will be tested):
- Level 4 (Fluent) Speaking/Reading/Writing of English is required.
- Level 2 (Limited Knowledge) Speaking/Reading/Writing of Portuguese is required.
4. Job Knowledge (This will be tested):
- The ability to administer adult and pediatric immunization program according to current CDC standards is required.
- Interpersonal skills and a client-oriented disposition is required.
5. Skills and Abilities (This will be tested):
- Ability to perform basic word processing on the computer is required.
For further information:
The complete position description listing all of the duties and responsibilities may be obtained by contacting the Human Resources Office – Gustavo Maciel at (61) 3312-7040.
When qualified, applicants who are U.S. Citizen Eligible Family Members (USEFMs) and/or preference-eligible U.S. Veterans are given a preference in hiring. Therefore, it is essential that these applicants make themselves known as having a hiring preference and specifically address the required qualifications above in their application.
Hiring Preference Order:
- USEFM who is ALSO a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran
- USEFM OR a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran
- FS on LWOP
Additional Selection Criteria:
- Management may consider the following when determining successful candidacy: nepotism, conflicts of interest, budget, and residency status.
- Current OR employees serving a probationary period are not eligible to apply. Current OR employees with an Overall Summary Rating of Needs Improvement or Unsatisfactory on their most recent Employee Performance Report (EPR) are not eligible to apply.
- Current NOR employees hired on a Family Member Appointment (FMA) or a Personal Service Agreement (PSA) are not eligible to apply within the first 90 calendar days of their employment, unless they have a When Actually Employed (WAE) work schedule.
- All candidates for employment with the US Mission must pass a background check or security investigation. Any employment offer with the US Mission is contingent upon a candidate’s ability to secure the necessary security clearance.
- Candidates who are EFMs, USEFMs, AEFMs, or MOHs must have at least one year remaining on their sponsor’s tour of duty to be considered eligible to apply for this position.
- Current Ordinarily Resident employees of the Mission may only apply for positions at or above their current grade level.
How to Apply:
Applicants must submit the following documents to be considered:
- Universal Application for Employment (UAE) (Form DS-174); Plus
- Any additional documentation that supports or addresses the requirements listed above (e.g. transcripts, degrees, etc.)
Important: Applicants claiming a U.S. Veteran’s preference must submit written documentation confirming eligibility (e.g., Member Copy 4 of Form DD-214, Letter from the Veteran’s Administration, or certification documenting eligibility under the VOW Act with an expected discharge no later than 120 days after the certification is submitted) by the closing date of the vacancy announcement. If the written documentation confirming eligibility is not received in the HR office by the closing date of the vacancy announcement, the U.S. Veteran’s preference will not be considered in the application process. Specific criteria for receiving a U.S. Veteran’s preference may be found in HR/OE’s Family Member Employment Policy (FMEP).
Where to Apply:
Human Resources Office: Gustavo B. Maciel
Submit with vacancy title: Nurse
E-mail Address: email@example.com