THE WHITE HOUSE
Office of the Press Secretary
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
August 12, 2016
President Barack Obama today announced the designation of a Presidential Delegation to attend the Closing Ceremony of the 2016 Olympic Summer Games in Rio de Janeiro, Federative Republic of Brazil.
Presidential Delegation to the Closing Ceremony of the Rio de Janeiro 2016 Olympic Summer Games
The Closing Ceremony of the 2016 Olympic Summer Games in Rio de Janeiro, Federative Republic of Brazil will be held on August 21, 2016.
The delegation will attend athletic events, meet with U.S. athletes, and attend the Closing Ceremony.
The Honorable Gina McCarthy, Administrator of the United States Environmental Protection Agency, will lead the delegation.
Members of the Presidential Delegation
- The Honorable Liliana Ayalde, U.S. Ambassador to the Federative Republic of Brazil, Department of State
- The Honorable Eric Fanning, Secretary of the Army, Department of Defense
- Ms. Bess Evans, Senior Associate Director and Senior Policy Advisor, White House Office of Public Engagement and Domestic Policy Council
- Ms. Lauren Kelly, Deputy Director and Deputy Social Secretary, Office of the First Lady
- Mr. Jason Collins, Retired NBA Player and Member of the President’s Council on Fitness, Sports, and Nutrition
- Ms. Jackie Joyner-Kersee, three-time Olympic gold medalist, one-time Olympic silver medalist, two-time Olympic bronze medalist, women’s heptathlon and long-jump, and Founder of the Jackie Joyner-Kersee Foundation