U.S. Mission Sao Paulo, Brazil
Announcement Number: Sao Paulo-2018-11
Position Title and Number: Health Unit Administrative Clerk – A50-055
Opening Period: From Wednesday, April 25, 2018 to Wednesday, May 09, 2018
Series/Grade: LE-105-6/ FP-105-8
Salary: LE: (BRL) 53,280.00/ FP: (USD) 38,468.00
For More Info: Human Resources Office: Eliana Branco
Telephone: 55 11 3250-5116
E-mail Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Who May Apply: All Interested Applicants/ All Sources
Security Clearance Required: Local Security Certification or Public Trust.
Duration Appointment: Indefinite subject to successful completion of probationary period.
Marketing Statement: We encourage you to read and understand the Eight (8) Qualities of Overseas Employees before you apply.
The U.S. Mission in Sao Paulo, Brazil is seeking eligible and qualified applicants for the position of Health Unit Administrative Clerk in the Health Unit (HU).
The work schedule for this position is: Full Time (40 hours per week)
Start date: The selected candidate must be able to start work within a reasonable period of receipt of agency authorization and/or clearances/certifications, or their candidacy may not be considered.
Supervisory Position: No
Duties: Performs a variety of administrative duties and services in the Health Unit. Acts as receptionist and contacts local medical providers on behalf of authorized clients for issues as scheduling appointments, obtaining results, and other logistical matters. Manages administrative functions including processing Time and Attendance, supporting official travel, maintaining filing systems, collecting and following up on hospital bills, managing supplies, updating contact databases and updating documents such as flyers, maps, and handouts.
Qualifications and Evaluations
EDUCATION: Completion of secondary school is required.
EXPERIENCE: Administrative office experience in a healthcare setting is required.
JOB KNOWLEDGE: Knowledge of medical terms.
Basic familiarity with Brazilian healthcare delivery system, payment systems, and local medical providers.
LANGUAGE: Level 4 (Fluent) Speaking/Reading/Writing of English is required. Level 4 (Fluent) Speaking/Reading/Writing of Portuguese is required. (This may be tested.)
SKILSS AND ABILITES: Must have good computer skills and the ability to use Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook. (This may be tested).
Ability to lift 30 pounds (approx. 14 kilos).
Qualifications: All applicants under consideration will be required to pass medical and security certifications.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY (EEO): The U.S. Mission provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation.
Additional Selection Criteria:
- Management may consider the following when determining successful candidacy: nepotism, conflicts of interest, budget, and residency status.
- Current OR employees serving a probationary period are not eligible to apply. Current OR employees with an Overall Summary Rating of Needs Improvement or Unsatisfactory on their most recent Employee Performance Report (EPR) are not eligible to apply.
- Current NOR employees hired on a Family Member Appointment (FMA) or a Personal Service Agreement (PSA) are not eligible to apply within the first 90 calendar days of their employment, unless they have a When Actually Employed (WAE) work schedule.
- Candidates who are EFMs, USEFMs, AEFMs, or MOHs must have at least one year remaining on their sponsor’s tour of duty to be considered eligible to apply for this position.
Note: Only qualified U.S. Citizen Eligible Family Members (AEFM) (as defined below) of U.S. Government employees assigned to post under Chief of Mission (COM) authority are eligible for consideration. A U.S. Citizen EFM does not have to be residing in country to be considered, but the sponsoring officer under COM authority does have to be officially assigned to post and the AEFM must be on the travel orders.
HIRING PREFERENCE SELECTION PROCESS: Applicants in the following hiring preference categories are extended a hiring preference in the order listed below. Therefore, it is essential that these applicants accurately describe their status on the application. Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not eligible for a hiring preference.
HIRING PREFERENCE ORDER:
(1) AEFM / USEFM who is a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran*
(2) AEFM / USEFM
(3) FS on LWOP and CS with reemployment rights **
* IMPORTANT: Applicants who claim status as a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran must submit a copy of their most recent DD-214 (“Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty”), equivalent documentation, or certification. A “certification” is any written document from the armed forces that certifies the service member is expected to be discharged or released from active duty service in the armed forces under honorable conditions within 120 days after the certification is submitted by the applicant. The certification letter should be on letterhead of the appropriate military branch of the service and contain (1) the military service dates including the expected discharge or release date; and (2) the character of service. Acceptable documentation must be submitted in order for the preference to be given.
** This level of preference applies to all Foreign Service employees on LWOP and CS with re-employment rights back to their agency or bureau.
For more information (i.e., what is an EFM, USEFM, AEFM, MOH, etc?) and for additional employment considerations, please visit the following link: https://careers.state.gov/downloads/files/definitions-for-va
How to Apply: All candidates must be able to obtain and hold a Local Security Certification or Public Trust clearance. Applicants must submit a Universal Application for Employment (DS-174) which is available on HR/OE Intranet Site.
To apply for this position, applicants should electronically submit the documents listed below.
Required Documents: Please provide the required documentation listed below with your application:
Where to Apply:
Human Resources Office: Eliana Branco
Submit with vacancy title: Health Unit Administrative Clerk
E-mail Address: email@example.com
Closing date for this position: Wednesday, May 9, 2018
What to Expect Next: Applicants who are invited to take a language or skills test, or who are selected for an interview will be contacted via email.
For further information: a summary of the position description listing all of the duties and responsibilities may be obtained by contacting the Human Resources office at firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for your application and your interest in working at the U.S. Mission in Sao Paulo, Brazil.