U.S. Mission Sao Paulo, Brazil
Announcement Number: Sao Paulo-2018-10
Position Title and Number: Local Guard Coordinator – A56-270
Opening Period: From Wednesday, April 18, 2018 to Wednesday, May 02, 2018
Series/Grade: LE-710-8/ FP-710-6
Salary: LE: (BRL) 82,681.00/ FP: (USD) 48,135.00
For More Info: Human Resources Office: Eliana Branco
Telephone: 55 11 3250-5116
E-mail Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Who May Apply: All Interested Applicants/ All Sources
Note: Only qualified U.S. Citizen Eligible Family Members (AEFM) (as defined below) of U.S. Government employees assigned to post under Chief of Mission (COM) authority are eligible for consideration. A U.S. Citizen EFM does not have to be residing in country to be considered, but the sponsoring officer under COM authority does have to be officially assigned to post and the AEFM must be on the travel orders.
Security Clearance Required: Local Security Certification or Public Trust.
Duration Appointment: Indefinite subject to successful completion of probationary period.
Marketing Statement: We encourage you to read and understand the Eight (8) Qualities of Overseas Employees before you apply.
The U.S. Mission in Sao Paulo, Brazil is seeking eligible and qualified applicants for the position of Local Guard Coordinator in the Regional Security Officer (RSO).
The work schedule for this position is: Full Time (40 hours per week)
Start date: The selected candidate must be able to start work within a reasonable period of receipt of agency authorization and/or clearances/certifications, or their candidacy may not be considered.
Supervisory Position: Yes
Duties: As directed by the Regional Security Officer (RSO), the incumbent is responsible for the daily management and supervision of Local Guard personnel and resources. Assists in developing facility defense and reaction plans for the Consulate compound, Consul General’s residence, Marine’s residence, and associated events. Assists the RSO with guard contract administration, contractor monitoring and performance oversight and resource management for a guard contract valued at 20 million dollars.
Qualifications and Evaluations
EDUCATION: Four-year university degree in law, criminal justice, finance or business administration is required.
EXPERIENCE: Experience performing tasks related to security, investigations, management, or administrative work in the police, military, private security or government is required.
JOB KNOWLEDGE: Strong knowledge in physical security practices and procedures, creation of defensive security plans and good working knowledge of standard security equipment and digital cameras is required.
LANGUAGE: Level 4 (Fluent) Speaking/Reading/Writing of English is required. Level 4 (Fluent) Speaking/Reading/Writing of Portuguese is required. (This may be tested.)
SKILSS AND ABILITES: Ability to work with Standard Microsoft Office Suite and Internet.
A valid category B local drivers’ license is required. (This may be tested).
Qualifications: All applicants under consideration will be required to pass medical and security certifications.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY (EEO): The U.S. Mission provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation.
Additional Selection Criteria:
- Management may consider the following when determining successful candidacy: nepotism, conflicts of interest, budget, and residency status.
- Current OR employees serving a probationary period are not eligible to apply. Current OR employees with an Overall Summary Rating of Needs Improvement or Unsatisfactory on their most recent Employee Performance Report (EPR) are not eligible to apply.
- Current NOR employees hired on a Family Member Appointment (FMA) or a Personal Service Agreement (PSA) are not eligible to apply within the first 90 calendar days of their employment, unless they have a When Actually Employed (WAE) work schedule.
- Candidates who are EFMs, USEFMs, AEFMs, or MOHs must have at least one year remaining on their sponsor’s tour of duty to be considered eligible to apply for this position.
HIRING PREFERENCE SELECTION PROCESS: Applicants in the following hiring preference categories are extended a hiring preference in the order listed below. Therefore, it is essential that these applicants accurately describe their status on the application. Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not eligible for a hiring preference.
HIRING PREFERENCE ORDER:
(1) AEFM / USEFM who is a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran*
(2) AEFM / USEFM
(3) FS on LWOP and CS with reemployment rights **
* IMPORTANT: Applicants who claim status as a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran must submit a copy of their most recent DD-214 (“Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty”), equivalent documentation, or certification. A “certification” is any written document from the armed forces that certifies the service member is expected to be discharged or released from active duty service in the armed forces under honorable conditions within 120 days after the certification is submitted by the applicant. The certification letter should be on letterhead of the appropriate military branch of the service and contain (1) the military service dates including the expected discharge or release date; and (2) the character of service. Acceptable documentation must be submitted in order for the preference to be given.
** This level of preference applies to all Foreign Service employees on LWOP and CS with re-employment rights back to their agency or bureau.
For more information (i.e., what is an EFM, USEFM, AEFM, MOH, etc?) and for additional employment considerations, please visit the following link: https://careers.state.gov/downloads/files/definitions-for-va
How to Apply: All candidates must be able to obtain and hold a Local Security Certification or Public Trust clearance. Applicants must submit a Universal Application for Employment (DS-174) which is available on HR/OE Intranet Site.
To apply for this position, applicants should electronically submit the documents listed below.
Required Documents: Please provide the required documentation listed below with your application:
Where to Apply:
Human Resources Office: Eliana Branco
Submit with vacancy title: Local Guard Coordinator
E-mail Address: email@example.com
Closing date for this position: Wednesday, May 2, 2018
What to Expect Next: Applicants who are invited to take a language or skills test, or who are selected for an interview will be contacted via email.
For further information: a summary of the position description listing all of the duties and responsibilities may be obtained by contacting the Human Resources office at firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for your application and your interest in working at the U.S. Mission in Sao Paulo, Brazil.