Vacancy Announcement Number: 2016/19
Open to: All Interested Candidates / All Sources
Position: Residential Living Coordinator, FSN-07 and A52-810-058
Opening Date: Friday, May 20, 2016
Closing Date: Thursday, June 02, 2016
Work Hours: Full-time, 40 hours/week
Salary: Ordinarily Resident (OR): FSN-7* – R$ 53,449.00
Not-Ordinarily Resident (NOR): FP-7* – US$ 40,665.00
*Final grade/step for NORs will be determined by Washington.
All ordinarily resident (OR) applicants (See Appendix A for definition) must have the required work and/or residency permits to be eligible for consideration.
The U.S. Mission in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil is seeking eligible and qualified applicants for the position of Residential Living Coordinator in the Housing Office, General Service Office.
Basic Function of Position
Incumbent is the main point of contact in the Housing Section for incoming and departing American personnel; assists the General Services Officer with housing assignments; conducts housing inspections; and manages the make-ready program.
Note: Applicants must address each required qualification listed below with specific and comprehensive information supporting each item. Applicants are required to submit their applications in English using the DS-174 form. Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not qualified.
1. Education: At least two years of college or university studies is required.
2. Experience: Administrative work experience with customer service component is required.
3. Language (This will be tested):
- Level 4 (Fluent) in Speaking/Reading/Writing of English is required.
- Level 1 (Rudimentary Knowledge) in Speaking/Reading/Writing of Portuguese is required.
4. Skills and Abilities (This will be tested):
- Driver’s license category B is required.
- Ability to use Microsoft Office Suites, especially Microsoft Excel is required.
5. Skills and Abilities (This will be tested):
- Good writing skills in order to prepare complex reports and plans, prepare written justification statements for program budgets, requests for work orders and guidance about program performance, funding, or other issues is required.
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office suites and other specialized software is required.
For further information:
The complete position description listing all of the duties and responsibilities may be obtained by contacting the Human Resources Office – Daisy Barbosa at (21) 3823-2608.
Hiring Preference Selection Process:
When qualified, applicants in the following hiring preference categories are extended a hiring preference in the order listed below. Therefore, it is essential that these applicants accurately describe their status on the application. Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not eligible for a hiring preference.
Hiring Preference Order:
- AEFM / USEFM who is a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran*
- AEFM / USEFM
- FS on LWOP**
* Important: Applicants who claim status as a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran must submit a copy of the most recent Member Copy Four (4) of the DD-214, Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty, and, if applicable, a letter from the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs. If claiming conditional eligibility for U.S. Veterans’ preference, applicants must submit proof of conditional eligibility. If the written documentation confirming eligibility is not received in the HR office by the closing date of the vacancy announcement, the U.S. Veterans’ preference will not be considered in the application process. Mission HR’s decision on eligibility for U.S. Veterans’ preference after reviewing all required documentation is final.
** This level of preference applies to all Foreign Service employees on LWOP.
Additional Selection Criteria:
- Management may consider the following when determining successful candidacy: nepotism, conflicts of interest, budget, and residency status.
- Current OR employees serving a probationary period are not eligible to apply. Current OR employees with an Overall Summary Rating of Needs Improvement or Unsatisfactory on their most recent Employee Performance Report (EPR) are not eligible to apply.
- Current NOR employees hired on a Family Member Appointment (FMA) or a Personal Service Agreement (PSA) are not eligible to apply within the first 90 calendar days of their employment, unless they have a When Actually Employed (WAE) work schedule.
- The candidate must be able to obtain and hold the following: local security certification.
- Candidates who are EFMs, USEFMs, AEFMs, or MOHs must have at least one year remaining on their sponsor’s tour of duty to be considered eligible to apply for this position.
- Current Ordinarily Resident employees of the Mission may only apply for positions at or above their current grade level.
How to Apply:
Applicants must submit the following documents to be considered:
- Universal Application for Employment (UAE) (Form DS-174), which is available on our website or by contacting Human Resources. (See “For Further Information” above); Plus
- Any additional documentation that supports or addresses the requirements listed above (e.g. transcripts, degrees, etc.)
Where to Apply:
Human Resources Office: Daisy Barbosa
Submit with vacancy title: Residential Living Coordinator
E-mail Address: email@example.com
Closing date for this position: Thursday, June 02, 2016.
Equal Employment Opportunity: The U.S. Mission provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation. The Department of State also strives to achieve equal employment opportunity in all personnel operations through continuing diversity enhancement programs. The EEO complaint procedure is not available to individuals who believe they have been denied equal opportunity based upon marital status or political affiliation. Individuals with such complaints should avail themselves of the appropriate grievance procedures, remedies for prohibited personnel practices, and/or courts for relief.