U.S. Consulate General Sao Paulo, Brazil
Vacancy Announcement Number: 2017/13
Open to: All Interested Candidates / All Sources
The “Open To” category listed above refers to candidates who are eligible to apply for this position. The “Open To” category should not be confused with a “hiring preference” which is explained later in this vacancy announcement.
Position: Safety Program Coordinator, FSN-8/FP-6, A52-1201-651 – Re-advertisement
Opening Date: Wednesday, June 21, 2017
Closing Date: Until filled
Work Hours: Full-time, 40 hours/week
Salary: Ordinarily Resident (OR): FSN-8* – R$ 76,881.00
Not-Ordinarily Resident (NOR): FP-6* – US$ 46,093.00
*Final grade/step for NORs will be determined by Washington.
All ordinarily resident (OR) applicants (See Appendix A for definition) must have the required work and/or residency permits to be eligible for consideration.
The U.S. Consulate General in Sao Paulo is seeking eligible and qualified applicants for the position of Safety Program Coordinator in the Facility Management.
Basic Function of Position
The incumbent serves as the Safety Program Coordinator with responsibility for assisting the Post Occupational Safety and Health Officer (POSHO) in carrying out the day-to-day functions of the Safety, Health and Environmental Management (SHEM) and Fire Protection Division (FIR) programs at post.
Note: Applicants must address each required qualification listed below with specific and comprehensive information supporting each item. Applicants are required to submit their applications in English using the DS-174 form. Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not qualified.
- Education: University degree in Industrial Hygiene, Environmental Technology, Construction, Architecture, or Engineering is required.
- Experience: Work experience in maintenance field performing/coordinating repairs for large facilities or in the field of occupational safety, health and environmental management required.
- Language (This will be tested):
- Level 4 (Fluent) Speaking/Reading/Writing of English is required.
- Level 4 (Fluent) Speaking/Reading/Writing of Portuguese is required.
- Job Knowledge (This will be tested):
- Knowledge of industry and governmental safety standards, practices and reporting procedures required.
- Skills and Abilities:
- Standard level keyboard and computer skills to include specialized software, database management, spreadsheets, etc.
- Must possess excellent written and oral skills in order to conduct training and drafting of materials and reports in the performance of duties.
For further information:
The complete position description listing all of the duties and responsibilities may be obtained by contacting the Human Resources Office – Eliana Branco at (11) 3250-5116.
Hiring Preference Selection Process:
When qualified, applicants in the following hiring preference categories are extended a hiring preference in the order listed below. Therefore, it is essential that these applicants accurately describe their status on the application. Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not eligible for a hiring preference.
Hiring Preference Order:
- AEFM / USEFM who is a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran*
- AEFM / USEFM
- FS on LWOP**
* Important: Applicants who claim status as a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran must submit a copy of the most recent Member Copy Four (4) of the DD-214, Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty, and, if applicable, a letter from the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs. If claiming conditional eligibility for U.S. Veterans’ preference, applicants must submit proof of conditional eligibility. If the written documentation confirming eligibility is not received in the HR office by the closing date of the vacancy announcement, the U.S. Veterans’ preference will not be considered in the application process. Mission HR’s decision on eligibility for U.S. Veterans’ preference after reviewing all required documentation is final.
** This level of preference applies to all Foreign Service employees on LWOP.
Additional Selection Criteria:
- Management may consider the following when determining successful candidacy: nepotism, conflicts of interest, budget, and residency status.
- Current OR employees serving a probationary period are not eligible to apply. Current OR employees with an Overall Summary Rating of Needs Improvement or Unsatisfactory on their most recent Employee Performance Report (EPR) are not eligible to apply.
- Current NOR employees hired on a Family Member Appointment (FMA) or a Personal Service Agreement (PSA) are not eligible to apply within the first 90 calendar days of their employment, unless they have a When Actually Employed (WAE) work schedule.
- The candidate must be able to obtain and hold the following: Local Security Certification.
- Candidates who are EFMs, USEFMs, AEFMs, or MOHs must have at least one year remaining on their sponsor’s tour of duty to be considered eligible to apply for this position.
- Current Ordinarily Resident employees of the Mission may only apply for positions at or above their current grade level.
How to Apply:
Applicants must submit the following documents to be considered:
- Universal Application for Employment (UAE) (Form DS-174), which is available on our website or by contacting Human Resources. (See “For Further Information” above); Plus
- Any additional documentation that supports or addresses the requirements listed above (e.g. transcripts, degrees, etc.)
Where to Apply:
Human Resources Office: Eliana Branco
Submit with vacancy title: Safety Program Coordinator
E-mail Address: email@example.com