Vacancy Announcement Number: 2016/07
Open to: U.S. Citizens Only / All Sources
Position: RSO Security Assistant/Escort, FSN-5/FP-9, PN # C56-105-047
Opening Date: Friday, February 19, 2016
Closing Date: Until filled
Work Hours: Full-time, 40 hours/week
Salary: Ordinarily Resident (OR): FSN-5* – R$ 40,946.00
Not-Ordinarily Resident (NOR): FP-9* – US$ 32,498
*Final grade/step for NORs will be determined by Washington.
All ordinarily resident (OR) applicants (See Appendix A for definition) must have the required work and/or residency permits to be eligible for consideration.
The U.S. Mission in Sao Paulo, Brazil is seeking eligible and qualified applicants for the position of RSO Security Assistant/Escort in the Regional Security Office.
Basic Function of Position
Incumbent escorts all non-cleared laborers and other service personnel in or adjacent to controlled access areas (CAAs) where classified materials is stored, handled, processes, or discussed. Ensures that any work being done is in compliance with the Department of State (DOS) safety rules. Reviews and approves visitor access and delivery requests. Serves as controller and issuer of the GLID ID badge system for all Consulate employees.
Note: Applicants must address each required qualification listed below with specific and comprehensive information supporting each item. Applicants are required to submit their applications or resumes in English. Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not qualified.
1. Education: Completion of secondary schooling is required.
2. Experience: Administrative or secretarial experience is required.
3. Language (This will be tested):
- Level 3 (Good Working Knowledge) Speaking/Reading/Writing of English is required.
- Level 2 (Basic) Speaking/Reading/Writing of Portuguese is required.
4. Job Knowledge (This will be tested):
Must possess basic knowledge of Windows, Excel and Outlook.
5. Skills and Abilities (This will be tested):
- Strong communication, organization and computer skills necessary;
- Ability to obtain a Top Secret clearance.
For further information:
The complete position description listing all of the duties and responsibilities may be obtained by contacting the Human Resources Office– Eliana Branco at (11) 3250-5116.
When qualified, applicants who are U.S. Citizen Eligible Family Members (USEFMs) and/or preference-eligible U.S. Veterans are given a preference in hiring. Therefore, it is essential that these applicants make themselves known as having a hiring preference and specifically address the required qualifications above in their application.
Hiring Preference Order:
- USEFM who is ALSO a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran
- USEFM OR a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran
- FS on LWOP
Additional Selection Criteria:
- Management may consider the following when determining successful candidacy: nepotism, conflicts of interest, budget, and residency status.
- Current OR employees serving a probationary period are not eligible to apply. Current OR employees with an Overall Summary Rating of Needs Improvement or Unsatisfactory on their most recent Employee Performance Report (EPR) are not eligible to apply.
- Current NOR employees hired on a Family Member Appointment (FMA) or a Personal Service Agreement (PSA) are not eligible to apply within the first 90 calendar days of their employment, unless they have a When Actually Employed (WAE) work schedule.
- The candidate must be able to obtain and hold a Top Secret security clearance. All candidates for employment with the US Mission must pass a background check or security investigation. Any employment offer with the US Mission is contingent upon a candidate’s ability to secure the necessary security clearance.
- Candidates who are EFMs, USEFMs, AEFMs, or MOHs must have at least one year remaining on their sponsor’s tour of duty to be considered eligible to apply for this position.
- Current Ordinarily Resident employees of the Mission may only apply for positions at or above their current grade level.
How to Apply:
Applicants must submit the following documents to be considered:
- Universal Application for Employment (UAE) (Form DS-174), which is available on our website or by contacting Human Resources. (See “For Further Information” above); Plus
- Any additional documentation that supports or addresses the requirements listed above (e.g. transcripts, degrees, etc.)
Important: Applicants claiming a U.S. Veteran’s preference must submit written documentation confirming eligibility (e.g., Member Copy 4 of Form DD-214, Letter from the Veteran’s Administration, or certification documenting eligibility under the VOW Act with an expected discharge no later than 120 days after the certification is submitted) by the closing date of the vacancy announcement. If the written documentation confirming eligibility is not received in the HR office by the closing date of the vacancy announcement, the U.S. Veteran’s preference will not be considered in the application process. Specific criteria for receiving a U.S. Veteran’s preference may be found in HR/OE’s Family Member Employment Policy (FMEP).
Where to Apply:
Human Resources Office: Eliana Branco
Submit with vacancy title: RSO Security Assistant/Escort
E-mail Address: firstname.lastname@example.org