U.S. Consulate General Sao Paulo, Brazil
Vacancy Announcement Number: 2017/08 T
Open to: All Interested Candidates / All Sources
The “Open To” category listed above refers to candidates who are eligible to apply for this position. The “Open To” category should not be confused with a “hiring preference” which is explained later in this vacancy announcement.
Position: Supply Assistant, FSN-7/FP-7, A52-0805-064 (Trainee Level)
Opening Date: Wednesday, April 26, 2017
Closing Date: Wednesday, May 10, 2017
Work Hours: Full-time, 40 hours/week
Salary: Ordinarily Resident (OR): FSN-7* – R$ 58,239.00
Not-Ordinarily Resident (NOR): FP-7* – US$42,169.00
*Final grade/step for NORs will be determined by Washington.
This position is being advertised simultaneously with the Full Performance Level, FSN-8, FP-6.
Applicants applying for VA 2017/08 and VA 2017/08T will be considered for both processes. Therefore, applicants need only apply for one of these two vacancy announcements to be considered.
All ordinarily resident (OR) applicants (See Appendix A for definition) must have the required work and/or residency permits to be eligible for consideration.
The U.S. Mission in Sao Paulo, Brazil is seeking eligible and qualified applicants for the position of Supply Assistant in the General Services Office.
Basic Function of Position
Incumbent is responsible for coordinating Furniture and Appliance Pool (FAP) needs for Mission Brazil. Incumbent will coordinate directly with all Posts in Mission Brazil to manage day to day activities, plan and project Mission furniture needs, order required quantities, and manage FAP shipments to constituent posts. Will also work with Sao Paulo Receiving team to manage the trans-shipment of orders that are processed through the Mission Consolidated Warehouse and will schedule its transportation to other Posts.
Note: Applicants must address each required qualification listed below with specific and comprehensive information supporting each item. Applicants are required to submit their applications (DS-174 form) in English. Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not qualified.
- Education: A minimum of two years of college or university studies required.
- Experience: Experience in the logistics, business or a closely related field is required.
- Language (This will be tested):
- Level III (Good Working Knowledge) Speaking/Reading/Writing of English is required.Level IV (Fluent) Speaking/Reading/Writing of Portuguese is required.
- Job Knowledge:
- Good working knowledge of supply procedures and practices that apply to property management and freight transportation.
- Knowledge of property, storekeeping, inventory, and warehouse management work.
- Skills and Abilities (This will be tested):
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and Microsoft Outlook.
- Must have a valid local driver’s license category B.
For further information:
The complete position description listing all of the duties and responsibilities may be obtained by contacting the Human Resources Office – Eliana Branco at (11) 3250-5116.
Hiring Preference Selection Process:
When qualified, applicants in the following hiring preference categories are extended a hiring preference in the order listed below. Therefore, it is essential that these applicants accurately describe their status on the application. Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not eligible for a hiring preference.
Hiring Preference Order:
AEFM / USEFM who is a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran*
- AEFM / USEFM
- FS on LWOP**
* Important: Applicants who claim status as a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran must submit a copy of the most recent Member Copy Four (4) of the DD-214, Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty, and, if applicable, a letter from the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs. If claiming conditional eligibility for U.S. Veterans’ preference, applicants must submit proof of conditional eligibility. If the written documentation confirming eligibility is not received in the HR office by the closing date of the vacancy announcement, the U.S. Veterans’ preference will not be considered in the application process. Mission HR’s decision on eligibility for U.S. Veterans’ preference after reviewing all required documentation is final.
** This level of preference applies to all Foreign Service employees on LWOP.
Additional Selection Criteria:
- Management may consider the following when determining successful candidacy: nepotism, conflicts of interest, budget, and residency status.
- Current OR employees serving a probationary period are not eligible to apply. Current OR employees with an Overall Summary Rating of Needs Improvement or Unsatisfactory on their most recent Employee Performance Report (EPR) are not eligible to apply.
- Current NOR employees hired on a Family Member Appointment (FMA) or a Personal Service Agreement (PSA) are not eligible to apply within the first 90 calendar days of their employment, unless they have a When Actually Employed (WAE) work schedule.
- The candidate must be able to obtain and hold the following: Public trust Clearance.
- Candidates who are EFMs, USEFMs, AEFMs, or MOHs must have at least one year remaining on their sponsor’s tour of duty to be considered eligible to apply for this position.
- Current Ordinarily Resident employees of the Mission may only apply for positions at or above their current grade level.
How to Apply:
Applicants must submit the following documents to be considered:
- Universal Application for Employment (UAE) (Form DS-174), which is available on our website or by contacting Human Resources. (See “For Further Information” above); Plus
- Any additional documentation that supports or addresses the requirements listed above (e.g. transcripts, degrees, etc.)
Where to Apply:
Human Resources Office: Eliana Branco
Submit with vacancy title: Supply Assistant
E-mail Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for this position: Wednesday, May 10, 2017