Vacancy Announcement Number: 2016/33 T
Open to: All Interested Candidates / All Sources
The “Open To” category listed above refers to candidates who are eligible to apply for this position. The “Open To” category should not be confused with a “hiring preference” which is explained later in this vacancy announcement.
Position: Surveillance Detection Coordinator, FSN-6/FP-8, C56-701-216 – Trainee Level
Opening Date: Thursday, September 22, 2016
Closing Date: Wednesday, October 5, 2016
Work Hours: Full-time, 40 hours/week
Salary: Ordinarily Resident (OR): FSN-6* – R$ 49,121.00
Not-Ordinarily Resident (NOR): FP-8* – US$36,837.00
*Final grade/step for NORs will be determined by Washington.
This position is being advertised simultaneously with the Full Performance Level, FSN-7, FP-7. Applicants applying for VA 2016/33, VA 2016-33T will be considered for both processes. Therefore, applicants need only apply for one of these three vacancy announcements to be considered.
All ordinarily resident (OR) applicants (See Appendix A for definition) must have the required work and/or residency permits to be eligible for consideration.
The U.S. Mission in Sao Paulo, Brazil is seeking eligible and qualified applicants for the position of Surveillance Detection Coordinator in the Regional Security Office.
Basic Function of Position
This is the training level established to provide time and opportunity for the incumbent to acquire the knowledge, training and experience necessary to perform the functions of the position at the full performance level.
Incumbent provides security for USG facilities, employees, and family members by performing procedures to observe, detect, and report on surveillance directed against USG facilities and/or personnel. Daily supervises the surveillance detection team operations and assist local security investigator.
Note: Applicants must address each required qualification listed below with specific and comprehensive information supporting each item. Applicants are required to submit their applications (DS-174 form) in English. Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not qualified.
- Education: Completion of secondary schooling is required.
- Military, police or private experience in the field of security or protection services is required.
- Prior supervisor experience is also required.
- Language (This will be tested):
- Level 3 (Good Working Knowledge) Speaking/Reading/Writing of English is required.
- Level 3 (Good Working Knowledge) Speaking/Reading/Writing of Portuguese is required.
- Job Knowledge (This will be tested):
- Knowledge of surveillance techniques, familiarity with normal traffic patterns, pedestrian behavior, consulate grounds and facilities, and travel routes are required.
- Knowledge of host country law enforcement capabilities is required.
- Skills and Abilities (This will be tested):
- Basic Microsoft Office skills are required.
- Must be observant, customer-service oriented, and able to follow instructions and meet deadlines.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license category A/B (motorcycle/car).
For further information:
The complete position description listing all of the duties and responsibilities may be obtained by contacting the Human Resources Office – Eliana Branco at (11) 3250-5116.
Hiring Preference Selection Process:
When qualified, applicants in the following hiring preference categories are extended a hiring preference in the order listed below. Therefore, it is essential that these applicants accurately describe their status on the application. Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not eligible for a hiring preference.
Hiring Preference Order:
- AEFM / USEFM who is a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran*
- AEFM / USEFM
- FS on LWOP**
* Important: Applicants who claim status as a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran must submit a copy of the most recent Member Copy Four (4) of the DD-214, Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty, and, if applicable, a letter from the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs. If claiming conditional eligibility for U.S. Veterans’ preference, applicants must submit proof of conditional eligibility. If the written documentation confirming eligibility is not received in the HR office by the closing date of the vacancy announcement, the U.S. Veterans’ preference will not be considered in the application process. Mission HR’s decision on eligibility for U.S. Veterans’ preference after reviewing all required documentation is final.
** This level of preference applies to all Foreign Service employees on LWOP.
Additional Selection Criteria:
- Management may consider the following when determining successful candidacy: nepotism, conflicts of interest, budget, and residency status.
- Current OR employees serving a probationary period are not eligible to apply. Current OR employees with an Overall Summary Rating of Needs Improvement or Unsatisfactory on their most recent Employee Performance Report (EPR) are not eligible to apply.
- Current NOR employees hired on a Family Member Appointment (FMA) or a Personal Service Agreement (PSA) are not eligible to apply within the first 90 calendar days of their employment, unless they have a When Actually Employed (WAE) work schedule.
- The candidate must be able to obtain and hold the following: Public trust Clearance.
- Candidates who are EFMs, USEFMs, AEFMs, or MOHs must have at least one year remaining on their sponsor’s tour of duty to be considered eligible to apply for this position.
- Current Ordinarily Resident employees of the Mission may only apply for positions at or above their current grade level.
How to Apply:
Applicants must submit the following documents to be considered:
- Universal Application for Employment (UAE) (Form DS-174), which is available on our website or by contacting Human Resources. (See “For Further Information” above); Plus
- Any additional documentation that supports or addresses the requirements listed above (e.g. transcripts, degrees, etc.)
Where to Apply:
Human Resources Office: Eliana Branco
Submit with vacancy title: Surveillance Detection Coordinator
E-mail Address: firstname.lastname@example.org