The U.S. Department of State will host a telephonic briefing on Thursday, March 26, at 8:30am (Eastern Time) with Dr. Nancy Messonnier, Director of the National Center for Immunization and Respiratory Diseases (NCIRD), U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), and Dr. Sarah Bennett, Commander, United States Public Health Service, and Head of the International Task Force for COVID-19, CDC.
Dr. Messonnier and Dr. Bennett will discuss the CDC’s coordination with international partners, cooperation with Ministries of Health, and global health protection information around the COVID-19 pandemic.
Speaker: Dr. Nancy Messonnier and Dr. Sarah Bennett
Date: Thursday, March 26, 2020
Time: 9:30 AM (Brazil time)
Ground rules: ON-THE-RECORD, attributable to Dr. Nancy Messonnier and Dr. Sarah Bennett
Dial-in Information: Please register via this link at least one hour before the teleconference begins. Once registered, you will receive an email confirmation from Eventbrite with the dial-in information for the call:
QUESTIONS? Please send an email to PAIMEstaff@state.gov
- Callers should dial in to the conference call at least 10 minutes early.
- The operator will ask for the access code for the call (included in the Eventbrite email you will receive after signing up), your name, media affiliation, and location.
- The speaker will give brief opening remarks, and then the moderator will open the line to questions.
- Participants will be instructed to push the “1” and “0” buttons on their phones to enter the question queue. You may also submit questions in advance via email to PAIMEstaff@state.gov.
- If you experience technical difficulties during the call, you may email PAIMEstaff@state.gov to alert the moderator.
- Spanish and Portuguese translations of the transcript will be available after the call. Send an email to BrasiliaEMBEUA@state.gov if you wish to receive the translation.