U.S. Embassy and Consulates in Brazil is pleased to announce the call for applications for a new U.S. government-funded civil society leadership program – the Community Engagement Exchange (CEE) Program, to take place in late 2021. The Community Engagement Exchange (CEE) Program is a year-long leadership development program for emerging civil society leaders from over 100 countries with a three-month (from October 2021 to January 2022) practicum at a civil society organization in the United States.
The goals of the program are to empower participants to assume greater leadership roles, build civil society capacity, strengthen participants’ ability to lead collaboratively, and develop an innovative global civil society ecosystem. In addition to the fully-funded, three-month practicum in the United States, the program also includes both an online and face-to-face training component in leadership and community engagement, service learning opportunities, mentorship, and developmental support of Fellows’ projects that will be undertaken in their home countries following the program.
The Community Engagement Exchange (CEE) Program is merit-based and open to emerging civil society and community leaders from Brazil and other countries who meet the criteria below.
- Between the ages of 20 and 27 as of November 1, 2020
- Living and working in your home country
- Working on a community engagement initiative in Brazil, either in a professional or volunteer capacity, with a vision to pursue a career working to support civil society
- High proficiency in spoken and written English at the time of application
- Available to travel to the United States for three months from October 2021 to January 2022
- Committed to returning to your home country for a minimum of two years after completing the program
Please review the program requirements prior to starting an application to ensure that you are eligible. community-engagement-exchange-program-application-information
For further information on this Press Release, please contact the U.S. Embassy Press Office in Brasília at BrasiliaEMBEUA@state.gov or on (+55 61) 3312 – 7367 / 7350 / 7364.