Location: Brazil, countrywide
Event: Effective immediately, all individuals ages 12 and older traveling to Brazil by air must present proof of COVID-19 vaccination, in addition to a Traveler’s Health Declaration (DSV) and proof of a negative COVID-19 test, either an RT-PCR test performed within 72 hours of boarding or an antigen test performed within 24 hours of boarding. Unvaccinated travelers who are Brazilian citizens or legal residents will be allowed to enter but will be required to complete five days of quarantine after reaching their final destination in Brazil at the address indicated on their DSV form. At the end of the five-day quarantine, unvaccinated travelers must take a new RT-PCR or antigen test. If the test is positive, they must follow Brazilian Ministry of Health guidelines; if the test is negative, they can travel as planned throughout the country.
While Brazil’s COVID-19 vaccination requirements may change, the CDC recommends that U.S. citizens should not travel internationally until they are fully vaccinated.
Vaccines must be approved by the World Health Organization or by relevant health authorities in the country where the vaccine was administered. To be considered fully vaccinated, the traveler must have received the final dose of the vaccine at least 14 days prior to boarding.
For more details on Brazil’s COVID-19 entry requirements:
- Review the December 8 Brazilian government announcement outlining new entry requirements.
- Visit the U.S. Embassy Brasilia COVID-19 webpage for information on conditions in Brazil.
- Check with your airlines, cruise lines, or travel operators regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions, including potential COVID vaccine or testing requirements for countries you are transiting through.
- U.S. Embassy and Consulates General in Brazil
- U.S. State Department – Consular Affairs
- Brazil Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts.
- Follow the U.S. Embassy and Consulates in Brazil on Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter.