The American Citizen Services (ACS) Sections in Brazil operate by online appointment only for all customers needing non-emergency services, including passports, reports of birth, and notary services. Scheduling appointments allows us to provide better, more efficient service to the public.
Services requiring on-line appointments:
- U.S. Passport Services (for new passports or renewals)
- U.S. Citizenship & Report of Birth Abroad – CRBA (for reporting the birth abroad of child of a U.s. citizen and/or applying for the child’s first passport)
- Notary and Other Services (evidence of marital status, Social Security issues, questions about voting, Federal Benefits are considered as other services.)
- The on-line scheduling system only allows appointment for one service. If you need multiple services, check only one box for the first service to make the appointment for all services. Important: if one person schedule twice for the same service the second appointment will be deleted from our system without any notification.
- Please submit copies of all original documents, along with the originals that are appropriate for your case (for example: Brazilian passport, birth certificate, U.S. passport, Brazilian drivers’ license, certificate of naturalization, school records, etc).
- Please arrive in the section 15 minutes prior to your appointment time, and go directly to the ACS Section – do not stand in the visa application line.
- If you need to cancel your appointment, you can do so directly via the same appointment link. No-shows may be asked to wait one week before scheduling again.
Schedule an Appointment.
Important! With the exception of emergency services, all U.S. citizen services must be scheduled in advance. On the list below, click in the city you’ve chosen to know how to apply for a service at the Embassy, Consulates or Consular Agencies while in Brazil.
Select one of the following consular posts to schedule your online appointment:
Select one of the following Consular Agencies to schedule your appointment by e-mail.
Note: Services at the Consular Agencies are scheduled by e-mail only:
Please check the Contact Information and Working Hours page to find out the appropriate e-mail and street address, and working hours of each American citizen Services Unit in Brazil.