The recognition goes to women who are making a positive impact in their communities
Brasília, March 8, 2022: In celebration of Women’s History Month, the U.S. Embassy and Consulates in Brazil announced on Tuesday (8) seven outstanding recipients of the 2022 Brazilian Women Making a Difference Award.
These pioneering women reflect the experience, strength, and creativity of people who are transforming Brazil on multiple fronts. Their voices have positively impactedBrazil and beyond, generating structural transformations in society.
“It’s an honor to be able to recognize these remarkably talented Brazilians. The award is an opportunity to showcase Brazilian women making a difference for their communities, and the entire country through public service,” said U.S. Embassy and Consulate Chargé d’Affaires Douglas Koneff.
Get to know the honorees:
- Ana Maria Ferreira da Cunha, Government Relations & Social Responsibility Director of Kinross Brazil
- Chopelly Glaudystton Pereira dos Santos, President of the Articulation and Movement for Transvestites and Transsexuals of Pernambuco (Amotrans-PE)
- Jaceguara Dantas da Silva, Appeals Court Judge of the State of Mato Grosso do Sul
- Joana Célia dos Passos, Phd., Professor and Director, Center for Educational Sciences, UFSC (Federal University of Santa Catarina)
- Nísia Trindade Lima, President of the Oswaldo Cruz Foundation (Fiocruz)
- Renata Malheiros Henriques, National Coordinator for Women Entrepreneurship of the Brazilian Small Business Development Service (SEBRAE)
- Sinéia Bezerra do Vale (Sineia Wapichana), Coordinator of the Environmental Department, Indigenous Council of Roraima (CIR)
For more information about the honorees, please visit: https://br.usembassy.gov/2022-brazilian-women-making-a-difference-awardees/