Eighteen young leaders from Brazil were selected out of over 2,300 applicants
Brasilia, January 11, 2021: The U.S. Embassy and Consulates in Brazil are pleased to announce the names of the 18 Brazilians selected to participate in the 2021 “Young Leaders of the Americas Initiative of the Americas” (YLAI) Fellowship Program – a program sponsored by the U.S. Department of State’s Office of Education and Culture. For this 2021 edition, the program will be held entirely in virtual mode, from January 11 to April 16, and will bring together 263 young leaders from 37 countries in Latin America, the Caribbean and Canada.
During the three months, participants will complete the Entrepreneurial Leadership curriculum offered by YLAI and receive coaching from U.S. host organizations for four weeks. They will also have contact with mentors and other fellows to discuss foreign policy challenges. In addition, they will participate in live events and intercultural activities. YLAI is a collaborative and enriching experience that combines technical entrepreneurship training with leadership development and networking opportunities.
- Aline Maria Nogueira Machado, Ceará
- Alonso Alves Pereira Neto, Minas Gerais
- Ana Luíza Gabatteli Vieira, Distrito Federal
- Daiany Mayara de Franca Saldanha, São Paulo
- Diogo Bezerra da Silva, São Paulo
- Emanuela Pinheiro Farias, Rio de Janeiro
- Gabriel Rocha de Farias, Rio de Janeiro
- Guilherme de Rosso Manços, Paraná
- Guilherme Pritsch Braga, Rio Grande do Sul
- Gustavo Trindade Valio, São Paulo
- João Pedro de Góes Novochadlo, Paraná
- Luciana Padovez Cualheta, Goiás
- Ludymila Lobo de Aguiar Gomes, Amazonas
- Monique Rodrigues do Prado, São Paulo
- Natália Pietzsch, Rio Grande do Sul
- Rafael de Paula Souza, Rio Grande do Sul
- Raquel Guabiraba Ribeiro, Rio de Janeiro
- Yasmim Barreto de Sousa, Amazonas
The YLAI Fellowship Program will begin today, January 11, at the virtual Opening Orientation hosted by IREX, followed by the four-week fellowship. The program concludes with a virtual Closing Forum in April. Fellows return to their ventures with new skills, resources, ongoing support from U.S. counterparts, and a broader network, strengthening business ties between the U.S. and Latin America, the Caribbean, and Canada.
The https://ylai.state.gov/ website includes information about the YLAI Professional Fellowship Program and the YLAI Network.
For further information on this Media Note, please contact the U.S. Embassy Press Office in Brasília at BrasiliaEMBEUA@state.gov or on (+55 61) 3312 – 7367 / 7364.