Community Engagement Exchange 2023/2024 is open for applications until November 30
Brasília, November 3, 2022: The Community Engagement Exchange Program (CEE), sponsored by the U.S. Department of State, with funds provided by the U.S. Government and supported in its implementation by IREX, seeks young community leaders from all over Brazil to participate in a free program designed for civil society leaders between the ages of 21- 28 to use the power of their connections for the public good. Interested may register until November 30th: https://cee.irex.org/.
The CEE, which has a duration of one year, will prepare young Brazilian leaders to develop innovative solutions that address important issues in their communities. The program includes a three-month internship in a U.S. institution, pre- and post-program activities, such as a leadership and civic engagement course and the implementation of a results-oriented project in their home communities.
The requirements for the program are:
- Age 21-28 at the time of application;
- Currently living and working in their home country;
- Working on a community engagement initiative in Brazil, either in a professional or volunteer capacity, with a vision to pursue a career working to support civil society;
- Proficient in spoken and written English at the time of application;
- Working on a community engagement initiative in Brazil, either in a professional or volunteer capacity, with a demonstrated intent and vision to pursue a career working to support civil society or within the civil society sector.