United States Embassy Brasilia, Brazil
Message for U.S. Citizens: Representative of Federal Benefits Unit Visiting
Manaus, on March 27, 2019
The U.S. Embassy in Brasilia is pleased to announce that a representative from the Social Security Administration’s Federal Benefits Unit (FBU) in Lisbon will be visiting Manaus on March 27, 2019. He will meet with interested parties to discuss the implications of the new Social Security Totalization Agreement between the United States and Brazil, which may allow workers who accrued social security credits in both countries to combine their credits when applying for benefits. In some cases, family members may also be eligible for benefits. The representative is also available to assist individuals with other Social Security and Federal Benefits services. For information about their services, documentation requirements etc., please visit their website at https://pt.usembassy.gov/u-s-citizen-services/social-security/.
At 2 p.m. on March 27, the FBU representative will present the recent changes in Federal Benefits and will be available afterwards to conduct individual consultation sessions, but only for those who schedule appointments in advance.
To schedule an appointment with the FBU Lisbon representative on this date only, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with “FBU – Manaus” in the subject line, or call (92) 3611-3333 from 9:00am-12:00pm.
Please RSVP by March 22nd and include in your email:
– The full name of all persons seeking services;
– Your telephone number with area code, in case we need to contact you.
Example Subject Line: FBU – Manaus
Those who make an appointment in advance will receive an appointment confirmation via reply email.
Both the presentation and the consultations will be held at ICBEU – Galeria de Artes, Av. Joaquim Nabuco, 1286, Centro, Manaus AM.
American Citizen Services
U.S. Embassy – Brasilia
- See the State Department’s travel website for the Worldwide Caution, Travel Warnings, Travel Alerts, and Brazil Country Specific Information.
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security messages and make it easier to locate you in an emergency.
- Contact the U.S. Embassy in Brazil located at SES – Av. das Nações, Quadra 801, Lote 03, 70403-900 – Brasília, DF, at +55 (61) 3312-7000 Monday through Friday during business hours. After-hours emergency number for U.S. citizens is +55 (61) 3312-7400. Email: BrasiliaACS@state.gov
- Call 1-888-407-4747 toll-free in the United States and Canada or 1-202-501-4444 from other countries from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time, Monday through Friday (except U.S. federal holidays).