One photo is required of all applicants regardless of age. The photograph should have the applicant’s name lightly printed on the reverse side. No head covering or glasses should be worn except for religious purposes. Color Polaroid photo is acceptable. Scanned, retouched or mounted pictures are not accepted.
- One (1) color photograph with white background on glossy paper are required, regardless of age. Poor photo quality or other than white background will not be accepted. Photo cannot have frames or a date.
- For asylee visa is required (6) six photographs, they must be frontal.
- Photo must be 5cmx5cm or 5cmx7cm. Applicants should not be smiling in the photo.
- The photograph must have been taken within 6 months of the visa application interview, and the applicant must present the same characteristics contained on the photo. Any change in appearance (hair color, haircut, beard, etc.) after photo is taken will require another photograph.
- The photograph must be a frontal picture, head centered; a full‐face view is necessary. Applicant must be looking at the camera when the picture is taken, and not looking down or to one side.
- The face must cover 50% of the picture; face must measure 3 cm from chin to top of hair. Photographs that show only a portion of the chin or have a portion of the head cut off will not be accepted.
- Both ears must be totally visible, free of hair or other covering. Earrings should not be worn, unless they are small, post earrings, and do not cover any part of the ears.
- No head covering (except headpieces if worn daily for religious purposes). Your full face must be visible, and the head covering must not cast any shadows on your face.
- Eyeglasses are no longer allowed in the visa photo.