Applications are open by June 3, 2018
The Fulbright Commission, in partnership with CAPES, is now receiving applications for full scholarships for a Master in Fine Arts (MFA) to take a master’s degree in film screenplay in the United States. Up two scholarships will be awarded lasting up to 21 months to include a monthly stipend, academic fees, accommodations assistance, airfare Brazil/USA/Brazil, and health insurance. Applications are due by June 3, 2018.
In order to apply, the interested party should send a synopsis of a feature film and the first pages of their screenplay, fill out the online form and send the required documents. For more information, visit: http://fulbright.org.br/edital/mfa/
• Having Brazilian nationality only;
• Having proven experience in the area of preparation in cinematographic and / or audiovisual productions;
• Having completed higher education prior to MFA’s deadline and not have taken either a master’s degree in Brazil or abroad in any area of knowledge;
• Having proven English proficiency with test performed after June 1, 2017: (TOEFL IBT – 100 points or higher, or IELTS – 7 points or higher);
• Residing in Brazil at the time of the application and throughout the selection process.
The Fulbright Commission program began in 1957 and has benefited more than 3,500 Brazilians. In the world, more than 370,000 scholarships, research and teaching have been granted to American citizens and 150 other countries.
For further information on this Press Release, please contact the U.S. Embassy Press Office in Brasília at BrasiliaEMBEUA@state.gov or on (+55 61) 3312 – 7367 / 7350 / 7364.